Do you currently
publish a paper dictionary (foreign language or otherwise)? Are you
Would you like to expand your market and sales to include a software
version of your dictionary?
Word in the Hand™ Inc. is looking to partner with other
dictionary authors as we have done with Paiboon Publishing! You don't
need to have any technical knowledge. Word in the Hand™
Inc. offers over a decade of software development expertise and
real-world experience in bringing a dictionary software product to
market. All you need to provide is the content (words and
Here's a few examples of what we can offer:
- Many formats:
- foreign language dictionaries (e.g. Thai-English, French-English)
- native language dictionaries (e.g. English-English, Arabic-Arabic, etc.),
- encyclopedias / reference - with articles, illustrations and photos
- Support for complex scripts like Thai, Arabic,
Hindi, Chinese, Japanese, and Hebrew
- Display of easy-to-read characters on devices
(e.g. Palm OS® PDA) which normally cannot display non-English
characters. Display of large characters for
beginning learners and mobile users who don't want to get out their
- Display of phonetic alphabets using non-standard
the ability to search for non-English words with an English-like
phonetic alphabet. Expands your market to language learners who have
not yet mastered the language's script.
- Talking dictionaries which pronounce words in
one or more languages for their user.
- Full text search: imagine being able to find all
the places a word appears anywhere in a dictionary, even as part of a
definition, synonym, or antonym.
- Dictionaries which run on handheld devices
(e.g. Palm OS® PDAs) or desktop/laptop devices.
If this sounds interesting to you, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.